Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Total Contentment Pill

Another gem from the vintage magazine stack was found today! - an advertisement featuring a miracle weight loss drug called the Total Contentment Pill from McCall's Needlework & Crafts, Fall 1977. Well now! Doesn't that sound like a great idea? And who knew? - You can get a 120 day supply for only, the new low price of 11.95! Kinda sounds like something that we would all later find out is actually speed but was "as safe as a cough drop."



Personally, the part I enjoy the most is the promise of "never again suffer embarassing fat build-up for the rest of your life." I guess more interesting to note is that a few years later, they had to shell out money to customers that were unsatisfied because the advertisement told them it would last for forever.

I think I need to order me up some of these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment