Sunday, July 22, 2012

Minty Booties and Hat

One of the ladies from the store is having her first grandchild arrive in the next week or two! She has been knitting a set for the new arrival - ( Anne Norling's Infant Set II by Heather Finch). She has been working like mad to finish the sweater to match and needed some help getting the hat and booties finished to match. I've just completed the booties and the hat for her. It's a pretty cute set although I think the hat might be a bit big  - but at least the child will grow into it!

I always tend to make at least a 1 year size when I make baby presents. My theory is that everyone always gives them the little sizes because they are so cute. So then the parent has a ton! of small clothes but after 9 months, they need to go out and buy new ones. So I always try to knit a larger size so that it's there when they need it.

At the store, ladies always say they will knit the next size up, because, "by the time that they get to finishing it up, the baby will be the next size." There is something to that logic! I think my problem is more that I start with great enthusiasm and then after the challenge is over, I start to not be interested - then I just have to power through. Still fun because it's knitting, but not as much fun as picking the yarn and then casting on!


No comments:

Post a Comment