Monday, July 23, 2012

Legend of the Origin of Felt

A month or so ago, a couple came in and left five bankers boxes filled with really, really old patterns - some of them dating from 1919. I wanted to give them a look over before Diana decided what to do with them. It was then, I came across a copy of American Felt Craft (published in 1947 by American Handicraft Co., Inc HOW-TO-DO-IT BOOK).


When I first saw it, I paid barely any attention to it and little did I realize the gem that it contained. Within this little booklet of felted accessories, boleros, and suspenders! there is the "Legend of the Origin of Felt." This story is definitely worth the read - and needs to be read in a slightly historical accent . . .It's quite verbose and uses language from the 40's but I love it! (Even if it is historically inaccurate).


Now that you have read it, all I can say is "and lo!"




Don't you want a set of spiffy suspenders? "Worn with all types of dresses . ." I hope they were refering to the belts :) Although, that would be quite the fashion statement. I like the one with the hearts on it.

Such a cute/quirky book. I can't wait to see what the other books have within their faded covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment