Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ava Beret in Petite Purls Winter 2012


The Ava Beret comes out today in the Petite Purls Winter 2012 Issue! I'm so excited - it's the front cover!! Yay! I couldn't believe it - how exciting! It's available for free on their site.


I had this idea for quite some time before the call for submissions for this issue came out. When I read it, I just knew that I had to submit.


You probably recognize the beautiful model - Mary MacLennan. She was the model in the Mary's Cardi pattern. Cheryl MacLennan, Mary's Mom, did all the beautiful photography. I was so pleased with the photos - BIG THANKS to Cheryl and Mary for making this pattern as wonderful and more so, then I saw in my imagination! It was Cheryl's idea to add the button - which definitely makes the hat.


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on making the cover of the issue. The hat is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I was/am so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the main color of this hat on a couple of websites, but can you tell me the number for the contrast color you used? There are so many that I can't tell which one is part of this hat, and I want to make this exact hat! And then I want a little Mary to go with it.... :)

    She is just a darling model!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary!

    The contrast color is P324. The colors are great together. Have fun making your hat!

    Mary is a wee darling, isn't she!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this hat, I am use a variegated yarn and no contrast. I have increased the no` of stitches to fit my 11yo GD. Thank you for this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this hat, I am use a variegated yarn and no contrast. I have increased the no` of stitches to fit my 11yo GD. Thank you for this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ellice! I'm sure your hat will turn out amazing in a verigated yarn :)

    ReplyDelete