Sunday, October 16, 2011

Socks 101

This October I am teaching the Monday Night Sock Club's Socks 101 class. I'm so excited to teach this class again - it's one of my favorites. For the last few classes I have been handing out many handouts that I have written about knitting socks and I've decided to just put it all together in a perfectly easy Socks 101 Pattern. It's using worsted weight yarn - quicker to knit for a class sample as there is less homework between classes. My sample was knit in Berroco Vintage. I love Berroco Vintage. It's perfect for socks as it is a blend of wool, acrylic and nylon.

The great part about knitting socks in thicker yarn for the first pair is that you learn all of the necessary skills but you can progress quickly and feel like you are accomplishing something! The pattern will be available at the end of the class - I'll post when it's up!

No comments:

Post a Comment