Monday, July 11, 2011

Silk & Cashmere Pillow

Sewing took up the morning today. I took some photos of the latest pillow that I've sewn.

Diana had some really nice samples of cashmere from a sample shade card that she used to sell cashmere blankets from the now defunct Needful Yarns. She didn't want to just throw out all that nice cashmere! So I told her that I would do something useful with it. I ripped out all of the sample squares and trimmed them to the same size. Then I sewed them all together. I couldn't decide what fabric to put around the outside . . so I took a gander through all of the fabric that I have in my yarn office (which, apparently, there is way more fabric then I thought!)


I found a piece of fabric that was left to me from David's Granny. It was a silk fabric that slightly shimmered when it moved in the light. I'm not normally such a fan of red, but this was just the perfect application for it! It has an envelope opening for the back as it will be easy to get on and off.

No comments:

Post a Comment