Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Little Milo

David and I are leaving in a little over 2 weeks to go to Seattle for a vacation and Vogue Knitting Live! I am still way too excited about this little endeavor. Until . . I realized I still hadn't finished a present for Lizzie, David's two year old cousin, for whom I was knitting for before she was born! Yikes how time flies!

So, last night (1:30am) I jumped onto Ravelry and began immediately looking for super cute but quick patterns I could knit up just in time for our Seattle trip. I found 2 really cute patterns and realized I couldn't make up my mind as to which sweater I wanted to knit - as to whether it was because they were both just too cute or because it was now 2:00am I'm not so sure . . probably the cute thing! I decided to start with the vest pattern and I will work on the sweater if I still have time before we leave.

This cute vest,  Milo, is from designer, Georgie Hallam. I omitted the cable on this little vest because I felt that it wouldn't show up the way I would like with the self striping yarn. The yarn is Riot DK from King Cole - Color #401 Cool. I can't wait to make another Milo. The pattern is easy to follow and quick to make. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment