Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cold Haven - Infinity Cowl, Scarf & Wrap




The snow is falling and it's a tad chilly - by a tad I mean -9°Cl Which really isn't that bad considering it's been -20°C lately! 

I've been wanting to create a multi-wear / multi-use, 
cozy, squishy thing to cuddle up in, when the weather
isn't cooperating.

One of the lovely ladies in my Pick Your Project
class on Wednesday nights was looking for
such a thing. So I took a pieve of paper, wrote
out a pattern and gave it to her. Once she had
finished the first one, everyone in the class
wanted to make one! Then, the ladies wanted
to make a a few of them and I knew we had
something great!

At this point I thought, I should make this into a pattern - especially since there had been a few requests to have one once ladies in the store saw what that class was making!

As we were preparing for the Gina Brown's Day After Boxing Day sale, I asked Diana if she wanted to use the pattern to create kits for the sale. We made up a ton of kits and everyone loved them! I was so excited. Then I knew I had to share with you!

The delightful part of this accessories is that you can wear it 3 ways. On the left hand side there is a picture showing each way.

1) As a Shoulder Cover/Cowl/Capelet!
2) As a Pull-through scarf!
3) As a Vest!

And I'm sure that with a shawl pin, you could do a lot more!

The pattern comes with a schematic with measurements to show you where to sew on buttons if you decide to wear Cold Haven as a vest.

Here are the details:

* Sirdar Persia Chunky - 5 Skeins, Color Shown is #

Or:

425 yards of any standard chunky weight

*Knitting Needles: 9mm/13US

*5 Buttons - these should be small enough to fit through the work so that
buttonholes don't have to be made.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment