Monday, August 8, 2011

A 4 Ply Hat

I realized the other day, that there are not nearly as many patterns for 4 ply / fingering / sock weight yarn. I quite like knitting with a gauge that fine. It can make things looks very polished and pro. So I've decided to write a wee series of patterns for hats all using 4 ply. I've just started to mess around with a beautiful ball of Fleece Artist Trail Socks.



My friend had tried winding this ball by hand, got it into quite the mess and decided that she would like to donate the yarn to my mother's charity (Giving Hands). Once this proto type hat is knit up it's going to Giving Hands where hopefully it will warm someone up in the Kootenays. Then I'll make up another one as a sample. There will be a beanie, a tam and a fisherman hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment