Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Winterside - KnitCircus Winter 2010 & a Contest!

The latest Knitcircus Magazine came out today and my pattern Winterside was a part of it.



It's a quick knit because the sleeves and the tops of the sweater are knit in one piece and then grafted together. Then the stitches are picked up around the waist and a fair isle band is knitted following a chart. The band of stranded knitting is a great way to learn to knit stranded patterns because it’s not too hard! Then the rest of the bottom is knitted downwards. It's a great way to learn to knit sideways.
 

I quite love this photo! The model is perfect for the sweater.


I'm doing a contest to promote Winterside in the new issue. All you have to do is leave a comment at the bottom of this post and you are entered for a FREE COPY of the new Knitcircus Magazine! There will be 3 winners! The contest will be closed on Nov.30/10 at midnight mountain time and the I will post the winners the next day! Good luck :)

Here is the side:



and the back detail where you can see I have grafted the back together at the top:


All photos are courtesy of Knitcircus Magazine.

12 comments:

  1. I am quite the fan of your designs and would love to win a copy of the latest magazine.

    -Madge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sweater! I like designs with unique construction techniques like this. And you're right, it suits the model really well. I'd love to win a copy of this issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those different blues together and the placement of the patterned element is eye catching.Please enter me in your contest.

    Valerie Clark (MissValerie on revelry, where I found your link)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely details on your sweater. Thanks for the contest.

    knitterofhats on Rav

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrat on having a pattern in Knitcircus! I really like the use of color in the sweater.
    Shannon
    (AndaraKnits on Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great design! I love this issue of Knit Circus, but this especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this sweater a lot. Congratulations on a gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting your design published! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I LOVE this sweater! I'm a bit thick around the middle and would probably do the background of the middle insert in a dark color. Beautiful design, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great design and I'm a big fan of NOT having to do much sewing up!! ;o)
    Congratulations on having another design published and I love the idea of a competition - fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah,
    you are one smart cookie. Good luck with all your designs.

    bootsnap (on ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful sweater Sarah! Please enter me in the contest for the patterns.
    Thanks,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete